Wednesday 5 February 2014

and a year later, almost. . . .





Well, it is a good thing I don't do this for a living because I would be living on the street.  Almost a year later since my last post, so I will make this as short as I can!  Here is where the collages come in handy!  sometimes, I think maybe they are just a waste of time, but here they are really a time saver and for those who care to gander on this blog, it saves time looking at waaaay too many pics!


The garden was fine, rabbits were tolerable, some pesky friends were re-located, across the river and I hope they don't find their way home although more will just make this home their home so I think that's a pretty losing venture.  The usual went on around here, we re-stained the deck once more and got a new roof and all the finishing expensive things to go with it.  Looks better but now I'm poor.  Ryan the kitchen guy still hasn't finished our kitchen and although he swears he is going to do it, the day that it is finished, if ever. . ..  .  I will rejoice.




I can't find the collage of the tenting we did for some reason, but that was a fun thing as well.





fun lazy days with neighbour friends on the deck
Ken with his new leaf blower!






















Halloween fun, grandma seems to really like making pinatas, lol

Flaming marshmallows!!  we love fire.


Joelle's birthday!



















Ryann started ballet, she still doesn't believe this is me on stage at MTC through Studio One
(how come you hugged Miss Katherine Gramma? ohhhh sweetie, we are old friends!) Miss Katherine is now her teacher, how sweet is that??


















This year has many significant dates that we are looking forward to or have already celebrated. Ken turned 60 and Garrett turned 40 this January,  Ken and I will celebrate our 30 years of marital bliss, as will his sister Carole and husband Jim.  Joelle and Garrett will celebrate their 10th year of wedded bliss as well, and Ryann . . . . well she will be 5 at the beginning of December.   Joelle and Garrett went off to Vegas to celebrate and we had the pleasure of a 5 day camp out with Ryann and of course Eddie in tow.  All went exceptionally well, whew!





Ken and I along with Carole and Jim will celebrate our years together with an adventure up to Alaska on a cruise, so we are very much looking forward to that, although we have to wait until Sept!
So far our winter has been one of the coldest recorded and although I normally love the winter, the jump start it had combined with the ongoing and sub-arctic temperatures are now grating on my nerves!
 We now know what Polar Vortex and Bombogenesis mean.  My good intentions of building another fort of some sort in the backyard came to a screeching halt after the first week of the sub arctic weather set in.  What sits in the yard is some sort of ancient looking crumbling structure.
new winter crafts!!  like flowers in the winter
I started volunteering at Lunches with Love, a program that provides bag lunches for Winnipeg's homeless.  We meet 1-2 times a month and make up bagged lunches, then deliver half to the Siloam Mission and the other half we take to the streets and distribute.  If I say it was cold, that polar vortex thing happening, the days that I was there to hand out lunch, I truly cannot believe how people manage to survive these brutal winters.  The volunteers who gather at Heritage Victoria community center are wonderful, we provide the lunch materials, make the sandwiches and the younger folk are in command of bagging everything.  The young lad who began this is Nathan Unrau, you can read more about this from the facebook page Lunches with Love.
in the sunroom, very pretty, very cold!


still making the ice candles as well

So my friends, that is it in a nutshell, into the second month of 2014 already and  looking forward to making many new memories for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment