Tuesday 13 March 2012

"The Big Girl Bed"

I wanted to buy a versatile bed for my little granddaughter that would take her from her current munchkin size to teen.  I saw this one in the Calgary Ikea in 2 years ago and so when I was there last month visiting my sister, I bought it, not knowing how the heck I was going to get it home as I flew there.  You cannot order it from the catalogue and the Ikea here in Winnipeg is not slated to open till this fall.  To make a long story short, my friend Bev's son brought it back for me!!  We were all so excited to get it set up, at one point my daughter, granddaughter and 2 dogs were sitting in the inside of the frame, lol I should have taken a pic (I always have my camera handy).  We also ran into a problem with the base, in our hurry to get everything in Calgary we grabbed the wrong length wooden slats, so off to the lumber store I went.  This bed extends from the length of a crib mattress to a full length bed.  I now have butterflies and more pillows decorating (paint, ballet slipper pink is sitting here, waiting to be applied).  I love pink and so does she.  Next, find a rug to match!

1 comment: